Thursday, March 17, 2016

                                              My Tiny Herb Garden
    It all started at the beginning of year 2015 right after we had our kitchen renovated. I need a place       for my children to learn to appreciate nature.




The plant bed's material are mostly planks from our old gate. Found out our backyard, we had termite problem. Bought pesticide for those guy and I guess it does solved the problem. Hoping they don't come back.

At the corner would be planted with Limau Nipis (Lime tree).




View from the kitchen window (last year). Can only see Serai (Lemon grass) Cymbopogon citratrus
 and Kunyit (Tumeric) Curcuma domestica in the garden bed.  





Picture taken last year. Pandan (Screwpine Leaves) Pandanus amaryllifolious grows up to be very healthy. Spring onion failed a couple of time to really stay longer maybe because of the rainy season. But we manage to salvage a few stalks.




I tried with a few herbs in the garden. Some remains and a few fail to last.
    Cekur / Cekur putih Kaempferia galanga great for Malay cuisine. The one planted in the pot looks         better.
My lovely Kunyit (Tumeric) Curcuma domestica. Always a lovely sight when it started to bloom.          Tasty edible flower.
My Pandan (Screw Pine Leaves) and Serai Wangi (Lemon Grass). My wife really like using these two in her cooking especially Nasi Lemak and Nasi Ayam. Notice the Pegaga (Asiatica Pennywort) grow side by side with the other herb.

Curry Tree. Moved the tree from the plant bed to the pot. Healthier than before.

I assume these are Tabasco Pepper as Bird's Eye Chili a.k.a Cili Padi's fruit would point downward instead of up like what I had here. The plant has been bearing good harvest for the past couple of weeks. 





Pokok Kesum  (Vietnamese Mint) Polygonum minus had been growing better than I expected. I believe maybe of the soil humidity to their liking. Good news for me. No shortage of kesum for my laksa ;).


My Pudina, both Spearmint Mentha Spicata and Peppermint Mentha × piperita. 

Belalai Gajah (Sabah Snake Grass) Clinacanthus Nutans. I was informed consuming or drinking the Belalai's tea might be able to help with our high blood and diabetise. No harm in trying this herb.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Family My Life